There are two stages in assessing whether they will be a good fit for us;
- BASIC SKILLS & EQUIPMENT
1. PROFICIENT IN ENGLISH – They must speak decent English. Even though the programmes will be produced and broadcast in each native language, they will be communicating almost daily with the mentors in the UK & USA.
2. HAVE THEIR OWN LAPTOP COMPUTER – Most of the time they will be working from home. Smart phone won’t cut it.
3. RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION – Again, as remote workers, it’s important they are able to communicate freely with other members of the production team and the mentors
If they pass those basic criteria, then we move onto the mindset, which will be essential to the success of Channel X.
Potential content contributors will first find out about us by watching our Recruitment Video, which will set out our expectations very clearly.
If someone watches and feels like the opportunity is for them, they can then apply for consideration to join our team.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
It will be done via an online, automated questionnaire.
Some of the questions we will ask;
- Do you understand that this is a long-term project and fortunes will not be made overnight?
- Why are you ok with that?
- Why do you believe in the potential of Channel X?
- Do you think there is a market for innovative youth TV shows in [your country]?
- Have you seen any Western comedy shows? Please list them.
- What skills do you bring to the table?
- Do you clearly understand our pay structure? Please explain what you understand.
- Are you aware you will not be paid for training…you will only be awarded your first batch of Equity Tokens once you have successfully completed the online training and in person training?
- Are you willing to dedicate the next few years of your life to working hard, making Channel X a success in your country and globally and helping turn it into a multi billion dollar company?
We’re open to people of any ages but we suspect our most likely demographic will be students or people in their 20’s (students or post grads who’re still living at home with family). People who can survive on a minimum wage for a few months before Channel X begins to get paying subscribers.
READ OUR NEXT POST >> THE FASCINATING EVOLUTION OF COMEDY ACROSS HUMAN CULTURES
∙ Authored by Quilliam Potter
∙ For TV Consultancy Work or General Enquiries about Channel X Global, email email@example.com